Hey, Adam Rouge here. So you want to work with me? Great! I’m a sex toy reviewer and so if you’re in the industry of sex toys, I’d love to hear from you. This page outlines some of the ways you can work with me, what you need to know about working with me and things I don’t review.
I’ll happily answer any questions not answered here and provide you with more details. My viewing figures are rising all the time so if you want the latest figures, just send me a message. Feel free to message me on Twitter or via my contact form. If you want to learn more about me, I have a detailed about page.
If you are interested in advertising, I have a separate page for information on that. Ads are not covered on this page.
Table Of Contents
Getting a toy reviewed
Note for 2021: My review queue is currently completely full and so is closed! My queue will reopen towards the end of this year and any new products sent to me will be published in 2022.
If you are a toy manufacturer or a shop that sells sex toys, please get in touch! The whole point of this blog is to review sex toys, so you are more than welcome. Here is some guidance on how reviews at Obsession Rouge work. Please make sure you read all of my guidelines before sending me a message because I get a lot of messages from companies who are not suitable for this website.
Please be aware that I get a lot of requests for sex toy reviews. If you want sex toy reviews you should ask me as early as possible. For example if you need a review launched at the same time as your product, you should get the product to me well before your public launch because it is likely by the time you launch it, my queue will be several months long already.
If you want a product review you MUST agree to all of my terms and conditions, which you can find on this page. If you contact me, make sure you have read and agree to all of this because it is all non-negotiable.
Product review terms and conditions
I DO NOT ACCEPT REVIEWS FROM AMAZON SELLERS
If you are an Amazon sex toy seller or you use Amazon as your main distribution hub, you can stop here… I’m sorry but I have no interest in reviewing your products. If you send me a message I will not reply. This is not to be rude… I get requests from Amazon sex toy sellers almost every day and I simply don’t have the time to reply to you all.
Quick list of what to send me when requesting a review
This list is a rough guide of what to send me when requesting information. Feel free to just send a simple mail. If I am interested in pursuing your offer then I will ask for this stuff anyway. This is just to save you waiting time. The more info I have, the faster everything will go.
- Who you are, what company you’re from and what kind of products you sell.
- Where your company is based, where your toys are sold and if your sex toys are unique to your brand.
- Which product or products you’d be interested in getting reviewed.
- If you have an affiliate program send me details about it (eg: the commission rate, payment holding time and payment threshold amount).
- If you require a particular turnaround time, tell me.
- Whether you agree with all terms on this page.
A short list of what I accept for reviews
- Vibrators of all kinds (penis, vagina, clit).
- Prostate massagers
- Masturbation Sleeves
- Penis pumps
- Cock rings
- Smart Sex Toys
- Small to medium sized Anal Toys
This list isn’t exhaustive. Basically if you’ve seen me review a product type before, then I’ll probably be willing to review it again!
A short list of what I don’t accept for reviews:
- Sex toys with unsafe materials.
- Sex toys without material information.
- White label sex toys that many different sex toy brands sell under different labels / brand names.
- If your toys are sold primarily through Amazon, I won’t review you.
- Companies who’s origin or information I cannot find.
- If your company is based in a country where manufacturing laws aren’t very strict, I won’t work with you. I realise this may irritate some of you but again, I have an audience who trust me and I have to respect that.
- Lubricants, oils, candles etc that contain unsafe ingredients.
- I don’t review cheap toys that are clearly designed to be replicas of other famous toys.
If you’ve previously sent me a message and I didn’t reply, it’s because your company or toy falls into one of the categories above. I get too many messages from companies who didn’t read these guidelines to respond to you all. I hope you understand.
Sex toys for any gender welcome
I am the main sex toy reviewer on this website. So things I review myself are usually penis sex toys and p spot massagers. My partner is a woman, so she can test toys designed for vaginas and the clitoris. So whatever toy you have, feel free to get in touch!
Getting other things reviewed
The main focus of this blog is sex toys, however I occasionally review other relevant products. If you have a product that is related to something you see on this website, then get in touch with me. However just to save you time, here is a short list of things that I don’t review.
- I don’t review porn, even if it is ethical porn.
- I don’t review Viagra or other medications.
- I don’t review shampoo, soap etc. It isn’t relevant.
- I probably won’t review your candles, creams etc. Again, it isn’t really relevant.
- I don’t review books unless I choose to read them myself. This is just because it takes a lot of time to read a book and make all of the necessary notes. You are still welcome to recommend your book to me. I love reading, I just can’t promise to review it!
- I don’t review all sex accessories. Readers don’t typically search for those kinds of reviews so unless your accessory reflects a particular niche, it is pointless for me to write about it.
It shouldn’t be necessary for me to say this but unfortunately it is. You HAVE to treat me as a professional if you want to work with me.
Understand that I’m not some random dude with a blog that you can sweet talk into doing whatever you want. I’m a professional writer. Treat me like any other business owner that you would reach out to for professional services.
Press Releases / Sponsored Posts
PR will be judged on a case-by-case basis and will require payment. I don’t spam my readers so unless your idea is very good or very original, it is unlikely that I will accept it.
It is extremely rare that I accept guest posting. If you are a fellow blogger and want to collaborate then by all means get in touch. It has to be something relevant to our audience and something that Eve or I can’t simply write ourselves.
If you are a company or someone representing a company and you want to ‘guest post’ then I will consider it a press release. You can read about those above.
I’m planning on doing some interviews in the future. If you are interested in such a thing and think that you could be of interest to my audience then please get in touch. I won’t accept everything proposed to me but don’t let that put you off 😉
If you have a particular fetish and think that you could talk about it at length, that could also be interesting. I’m fascinated by the accounts that Nancy Friday collected in her books on fantasies, so I’m thinking something along those lines. Just be aware that I won’t post pornographic content, promote porn sites or write anything extremely vulgar. I’m purely interested in understanding fantasies and fetishes.
Sex blogger with a totally different point of view to me? Very interesting! For example, if you are a different sexual orientation to me and have an idea, let’s talk. The same goes for people who live their love-life contrary to the norm or people who have changed gender in some way. Just get in touch and I’ll consider it. Again I can’t promise to accept every proposition but it would be interesting to hear anyway 🙂
I’m not really part of the ‘kink’ scene. I’m a sex toy reviewer and sometimes review bondage toys. However I’m far from being an expert in the area of domination, submission etc. So if you are someone who is part of this scene and think it could be interesting to share, then get in touch.
If you are a company wanting an interview, I consider it a press release and you can read about those above.