We use several services to enhance your experience on our website. We care about your privacy and want to be transparent with regards to any data transferred within or by our website. Here is an explanation of how our user’s data is used.
- Affiliate programs: Throughout my website you may see small ads, logos and links to external product websites. When you click on one of these links, the external websites sometimes know that we sent you. Whatever you choose to do on external websites is between you and them. I can’t link my data with that of the external website to discover anything about you. You need to check the privacy policies etc of the external websites. I trust them all but you should still check yourself.
- WordPress statistics – there are some statisics that WordPress and some of my plugins record. I can’t use this data to identify you. It simply helps things run here.
- Newsletter – If you sign up to any of my newsletters, I promise to only use your details to send you newsletters. Your information won’t be shared with any third parties.
- Quizzes and surveys – If you participate in any quizzes or surveys on my website then I may share the collective data of that quiz or survey publicly. However your personal / identifiable details will not be shared.
- Contact form – If you send me an email via the contact form, I will see your email address in my email inbox. Your details won’t be shared with any third parties.
- Geo localisation – My website is bilingual (english / french) and my audience is wide. Sometimes I use a plugin to check your IP address and give you content relevant to your country. When you click external links, I also sometimes use a browser redirect to send you to the appropriate version of a shop for your country (for example, Lovehoney has many websites for different countries). This website can only check which country you are from, not which city etc. This is standard practice online and it is purely to improve your user experience.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information public online – for example on public message boards, web logs, through email, or in public chat areas – that information can potentially be seen, collected and used by anyone browsing the web. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information that you share publicly. So when you use our comments section for example, share your information wisely!
Finally, if you believe we have any personally identifiable data of yours and you would like us to delete it, you can contact us via our contact form here.