I have ad space in my sidebar and a very limited amount of room in my newsletter. These aren’t free spots and I don’t place companies there in return for products. You are welcome to buy ad space on a monthly basis.
How to reserve an Ad
Get in touch with me and let me know the following:
- Who you are and what you want to promote.
- When you want your ad to go up and how long it should run for.
- What position you want to be (read more below).
- Which size ad you want (see below).
- Are you going to advertise on the English or French version of this website? Or both?
You can reserve an Ad for whenever you want, so long as it’s within a week’s notice. It’s possible that I can put one up within a shorter amount of time but it depends if I’m at my office or not. The earlier you tell me about your Ad, the better.
To secure your reservation of the Ad space, you need to pay for it in full beforehand. The prices aren’t astronomical, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
I use PayPal to process ad payments.
Rates & Statistics
My rates change all the time because my viewing figures are constantly rising. Please email me to get the latest rate!
Advertising here is very easy. I just have some basic rules which you can read below.
- You need to pay before the ads go live rather than after. The ads run for the number of months you pay for and you can’t have a refund after that period is up.
- I need to pre-approve all ads before they go up. So get them to me well in advance of the launch.
- You need to design the ad yourself. I can do something very very simple with a logo but I’m not a graphic designer so I can’t send things back and forth to you as a proper designer would. I strongly advise you to use an actual graphic designer. There are some good ones on Fiverr.
- All ad links will be nofollow.
- No animated gifs or videos. They must be still images.
- No pornographic images or nudity. Sexiness is fine but this website puts elegance first, so your images need to have a certain level of class.
- No offensive text or imagery.
- I don’t advertise porn companies or websites. I also don’t advertise viagra or any other medication.
Which pages your ads are shown on
This website is bilingual. If you want to advertise to my English audience, your ad will show on all English pages. The other version of this website is in French, so if you advertise to my French readers, your ad will show on all French language pages.
You’re welcome to advertise in both languages at the same time. Though if you advertise in French then you should make sure that French-speaking people can understand your Ad and the website it leads to!
As already mentioned, when you send me a message about ad space, tell me which versions of the website you want your ad on. At the moment there is no extra charge for advertising on both at the same time. As I mentioned though, it’s just pointless to advertise to french people if you can’t communicate with them or it’s expensive for you to ship to them.
You may notice that this website is in both English and French. I will only show your ad to French people if your shop/service is able to ship to France.
I can translate your ads for you but note that I’m not a professional translater (neither is my girlfriend). We can translate the ad for you for a small fee. Again though, you need to ask your graphic designer to put the text back into your ad if the design is too complex for me to edit myself.
What Position Your Ad Shows In
There is Ad space at the bottom of my sidebar.
The order ads appear in reflects who ordered the space first. The same goes for the footer. I may change this first come, first serve policy in the future. For now I’m just doing it to keep things simple.
- 300 x 300
My sidebar is around 300px and that can’t be changed. If you want to place longer images that’s fine. For example, you might want to buy two big ads and make your banner 300 x 600. Just let me know what you have in mind and I’ll let you know the price.
This is what that size looks like (this image is old so says 270.. the new width is 300):
I only place still images as ads on the website. Before your ad’s start date I’ll need you to send me either a JPEG or PNG file. I don’t accept animated gifs or videos. All ad images are converted to WebP on the front-end of the website to optimise for speed, there is no difference visually.
What kind of companies fit in here
This is a sex toy review website. I also write about sexual health. Sex toy shops, manufacturers etc are going to fit in really well. If you sell services or products that in some way relate to the kinds of things I write about, that could work well too.
If you’re unsure if you’ll fit here, just send me a message and I’ll tell you 🙂
There are a few things I won’t promote. Porn websites, viagra, medication and products made of toxic materials/ingredients are some of them.