We use several services to enhance your experience on our website. We care about your privacy and want to be transparent with regards to any data transferred within or by our website. Here is an explanation of how our user’s data is used.
- Affiliate programs: Throughout our website you may see small ads, logos and links to external product websites. We have selected all of these websites ourselves and have created affiliation relationships with them. When you click on one of these links, there is a small tracking code that lets the company know that we sent you. Whatever you choose to do on the external websites is between you and them, we don’t see anything about you or your purchase after you leave our website. Please consider using our affiliate links because they support our website and give us a small commission. It’s the only way we earn money so we really appreciate it! 🙂
- Newsletter – If you sign up to any of our newsletters, we promise to only use your details to send you our newsletters. Your information won’t be shared with any third parties.
- Quizzes and surveys – If you participate in any quizzes or surveys on our website we may share the collective data of that quiz or survey publicly. However your personal / identifiable details will not be shared.
- Contact form – If you send us an email via the contact form, we will see your email address in our email inbox. Your details won’t be shared with any third parties.
- Cookies – cookies stored on your computer last for a maximum of 30 days. You can of course delete your cookies whenever you choose by going to your browser settings.
- Geo localisation – Our website is bilingual (english / french) and our audience is wide. In order to serve you the correct language and content relevant to your country, our website uses a simple browser and IP address lookup method to determine where in the world you are from. The geo localisation is country specific, so the website only detects your country (not your city or anything more specific). We don’t record this information and it is purely used to serve you the correct content.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information public online – for example on public message boards, web logs, through email, or in public chat areas – that information can potentially be seen, collected and used by anyone browsing the web. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information that you share publicly. So when you use our comments section for example, share your information wisely!
You can find the privacy policies of our affiliates here.
Finally, if you believe we have any personal data of yours and you would like us to delete it, you can contact us via our contact form here.