We use several services to enhance your experience on our website. We care about your privacy and want to be transparent with regards to any data transferred within or by our website. Here is an explanation of how our user’s data is used.
- Facebook, twitter and google+ and disqus – we use these services to allow you to post comments on our website (should you wish to). We also use them to allow you to share our content (again, if you wish to). That’s really the only reason we use it – for your convenience.
- Affiliate programs: Throughout our website you may see small ads, logos and links to external product websites. We have selected all of these websites ourselves and have created affiliation relationships with them. When you click on one of these links, there is a small tracking code that lets the company know that we sent you. We don’t have any information on you other than the fact that you are an anonymous user reading our website. Whatever you choose to do on the external websites is between you and them, we don’t see anything. Please consider using our affiliate links because they support our website, our content and give us a small commission 🙂 It ensures we can continue providing you with great content. You can see their privacy policies here.
- Newsletter – If you sign up to any of our newsletters, we promise to only use your details to send you our newsletters. Your information won’t be shared with any third parties.
- Quizzes and surveys – If you participate in any quizzes or surveys on our website we may share the collective data of that quiz or survey publicly. However your personal / identifiable details will not be shared.
- Contact form – If you send us an email via the contact form, we will see your email address in our email inbox. Your details won’t be shared with any third parties.
- Cookies – cookies stored on your computer last for a maximum of 30 days.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information. So when you use our comments section (or any website’s public forum really), share your information wisely!
You can find the privacy policies of our affiliates here.
Finally, if you believe we have any personal data of yours and you would like us to delete it, you can contact us via our contact form here.